Lemon-Garlic Orzo with Baby Spinach
A quick and easy side dish – orzo with bright and zesty lemon, fresh garlic, and baby spinach.
This side dish is light and summery but satisfies that pasta craving. Orzo also reminds me a lot of risotto, but without the time or labor.
I served this lemon-garlic orzo with baby spinach alongside grilled chicken. I love when I only need to make one dish inside and Jon can be grilling the rest outside. Easy prep and super easy cleanup.
Lemon-Garlic Orzo with Baby SpinachOriginal Recipe by Mary Ellen of Mary Ellen’s Cooking Creations
- 12 oz dry orzo
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- Zest of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 bag (6oz) baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook orzo according to package directions
- In the meantime, heat the butter and oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and saute 2 minutes, being careful not to let it burn
- Add in the lemon juice and rind.
- Toss in the orzo and stir in the spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.