Tikka Masala Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup plain whole-milk Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Home Cook’s Pantry Tikka Masala Spice
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (14-16 oz) tomato purée
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, half the peanut oil, lime juice, and garlic. Add the chicken; coat well. Set chicken aside to marinate.
In a wide pot on stove over medium heat, melt butter. Sauté onions for 3 minutes. Add the Tikka Masala Spice Blend. Add tomato purée, water, heavy cream, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer sauce, uncovered 10 minutes.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining peanut oil and chicken parts in small batches; brown on all sides. Transfer to sauce and simmer 15 minutes on medium-low heat. Serve over rice.
Yields 4 servings.